Effective Date: 18 May 2018
3 Chiefs Pty Ltd (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the ourValues® website and the ourValues® mobile application (singularly and collectively referred to as the “Service”).
We value your privacy and want you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose data.
This page informs you of our policies and privacy practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service.
To comply with United States’ Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998, we require that all children under 13 have verified consent from a parent or legal guardian prior to using our Services. In order to verify consent, please follow these steps: (1) Print a copy of the COPPA Parental Consent Form, Complete all fields and Sign it; (2) Email completed, signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or, Post completed, signed form to 92 Rundle Street, Kent Town, South Australia 5067, Australia. Once we receive your completed form, we will send a confirmation email to the email you provided. Here is the COPPA Parental Consent Form.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you or your child. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, email address, name, photo, device operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, access times, browser type and language, device identifier numbers, list of installed applications, geolocation data (no more than 24 hours history), other information (“Personal Information”).
We do not sell or share Personal Information with third parties other than (i) with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work (“Internal Business Purposes”), (ii) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (iii) to comply with laws or to respond to lawful requests and legal process, (iv) to protect our rights and our property (v) in an emergency to protect the personal safety of our company, staff, customers, or any person, (vi) in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company, or (vii) in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, your information may also be transferred as a business asset. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information at our sole discretion.
The purpose for which we collect Personal Information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the Service and for our internal business purposes that form part of normal business practices. Some provision of Personal Information is optional. However, if you do not provide us with certain types of Personal Information, you may be unable to enjoy the full functionality of the Service.
Your Choice Regarding Personal Information
If you choose to prohibit any future collection of Personal Information, you may do so by terminating your ourValues® account from within the app’s menu or by contacting us. All information and data stored in relation to your account will be deleted from our databases and you will no longer be able to use our Service. We will not have any liability whatsoever for any termination of the ourValues® account or related deletion of your child’s personal information.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other statistics (“Log Data”).
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this type of information in order to increase our Service’s functionality. These third party service providers have their own privacy policies addressing how they use such information.
We may use and store information about your location, if you give us permission to do so. We do not keep more than 24 hours of location history on our databases. We use this information to provide features of our Service and to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at anytime, through your mobile device settings.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your device.
We may use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some or all portions of our Service.
We may send a session cookie to your device when you sign in to your User account. This type of cookie helps if you visit multiple pages on the Service during the same session, so that you don’t need to enter your password on each page. Once you sign out or close your browser, this cookie expires.
We also use longer-lasting cookies for other purposes such as to display your Content and account information. We encode our cookie so that only we can interpret the information stored in them. Users always have the option of disabling cookies via their browser preferences. If you disable cookies on your browser, please note that some or all parts of our Service may not function as effectively or may be considerably slower.
- Google: Google AdWords re-marketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads. Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Facebook: Facebook re-marketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads/#568137493302217. Facebook adheres the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service, to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with us, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we only process your Personal Information based on a valid legal ground, including when:
- You have consented to the use of your Personal Information, for example, to receive marketing communications. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us regarding the processing of your Personal Information, at any time and free of charge by contacting us. We will apply your preferences going forward and this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
- We need your Personal Information to provide you with the Service, including for account registration, or to respond to your inquiries.
- We have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information.
- We or a third party, have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to conduct business analytics, and otherwise improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service.
Compliance With Laws
We may disclose personal information in special situations where we have reason to believe that doing so is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against anyone damaging, injuring or interfering (intentionally or unintentionally) with our rights or property, users or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities. We will disclose your Personal Information where required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement or to protect the security or integrity of our Service.
In the event that we sell or buy businesses or their assets, or engage in transfers, acquisitions, mergers, restructurings, changes of control and other similar transactions, customer or user information is generally one of the transferable business assets. Thus, your personal information may be subject to such a transfer. In the unlikely event of insolvency, personal information may be transferred to a trustee or debtor in possession and then to a subsequent purchaser.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to‚ and maintained on‚ computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Access and Correction
Australian Privacy Principle 6 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to get access to, and correct, the personal information we hold about you in certain circumstances. If you would like to obtain such access, please contact us on the details set out above.
Australian Privacy Principle 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows you to make a complaint about any alleged breaches of privacy. In order to lodge a complaint with us, please contact us using the details above with the following information:
• Your name and address;
• Details of the alleged breach of privacy; and
• URL link to the alleged breach of privacy (if applicable).
Please allow us 30 days to investigate your complaint, after which we will contact you immediately to resolve the issue.
Retention of Information
We retain information for as long as required, allowed or we believe it useful, but do not undertake retention obligations. We may dispose of information in our discretion without notice, subject to applicable law that specifically requires the handling or retention of information. You must keep your own, separate back-up records.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.